Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Some Merry Encouragement

Here is my practical encouragement for you this event filled, schedule packed season.  And... I tell you this for free!
1) Make lists!  You have a million 'to do's' banging around in your head right now.  Get them down on paper.  You will be amazed at how much energy this frees up.  There is also such great satisfaction when you get to cross the items off - done!
2) B, B & B.
A coaching 101 tool:  Bag it, Barter it or Better It.
Take that seemingly endless list and consider each item.  Is this item something that you can 'Bag' - ignore, delete, throw out, delay. 
Is this item something that you can 'Barter.'  You will exchange some goods, services, money with a friend/co-worker/relative, etc if they will take care of this item for you.
Is this item something you absolutely have to do, cannot give away, can not exchange away, but you really don't like to have to do it?  Then Better It!  Give yourself a treat while you are doing it (one of my standard treats:  Starbuck's coffee.  Makes me whistle while I work.) OR reward yourself immediately upon completion.  I promise myself 30 minutes of uninterrupted reading time for doing 1 hour of chores.
Tis the season to be Merry folks.  Make yourself Merry First!

1 comment: