Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can a Mushroom Become A Sunflower?

This question has prompted my search to begin a new life, my real life. Like many, many women I took on all the expected roles and duties and happily and sometimes not so happily cared for and served others. Not really having any needs, I thought, other than being happy only when every one else around me was happy.
One day, last year, and it was on a specific day, I woke up. I had an actual "Road to Damascus" experience. (only mine was the 'road to Panorama...') and I realized that I had been in the dark for most of my female life, kept sheltered, isolated even and fed a lot of B.S. aka nutrient rich fertilizer... but now, now I want height, light, warmth, exposure and a complete re-do.
There are no mushrooms that change/evolve into flowers... that I can find in my shallow research. And.. the caterpiller into a butterfly and phoenix from ashes has been done, alot... I actually 'pictured' a mushroom and a sunflower in my mind when I was grappling with what was going on with me and what was it that I wanted. Hence, the mushroom to sunflower evolutionary proposal.
I'll let you know how it's going...

1 comment: